Since the beginning of this year I've started tutoring English and writing at RCC (my 2nd job). I really love tutoring and the experience has reassured me that I want to teach someday. I work with a group of pretty interesting tutors. Back in February, a bunch of us tutors and the writing center director, went to the Southern California Writing Center Convention. The convention aimed to expand the techniques and skill in tutoring of all those who attended. This is us in the parking lot before heading on in. (above)
This is Heather, myself and Alex at the continental breakfast before we all split off into groups to attend various presentations. Each presentation covered one topic, like how to work with English second language students, or how to cover every type of intellegence. We had our choice of what presentations we wanted to attend and we gave our own.
During our presentation we broke off into small groups and each of us taught a handful of students our different techniques for tutoring students. Above I'm talking about how tutoring with highlighters can be good for the visual learner.
No comments:
Post a Comment